Use the videos listed below to improve your listening comprehension in French. Each video contains a transcription in French if you need help following along.
There are currently 90 videos and transcripts here, and I’m always adding more. The videos at the end of the list are always the most recent ones.
Using your smartphone?
If you’re viewing a mobile version of this page on your smartphone, you might not see the videos listed below. In this case, look for them in the mobile-version menu at the top of the page under Listen to Québécois French, or switch to the desktop version of this website.
Want to hear a specific word pronounced?
You can use this section to locate and hear individual words pronounced by a Québécois speaker. Here’s how. Copy-paste this into Google:
Replace ‘xxx’ with whatever word you want to hear (for example: site:offqc.com/listen pogner). All the videos/transcripts in this section that contain that word will appear in the Google search results. You can locate the word in the video with the help of the transcript.
The videos in this section come from other YouTube users, so I can’t guarantee that they’ll always remain online. Even if a video goes offline, I’ll leave the transcription here for you to refer to.
This page has the following sub pages.
- 001. Magic trick explained in French: La pièce dans la boîte
- 002. Magic trick explained in French: Le crayon au travers de la serviette
- 003. Magic trick explained in French: La grille magique
- 004. Magic trick explained in French: La cuillère pliée
- 005. Magic trick explained in French: Faire un noeud dans une corde
- 006. Magic trick explained in French: La disparition impossible
- 007. TV ad in Quebec French: Tranches de vie
- 008. TV ad in Quebec French: Familiprix
- 009. Hear informal Quebec French with this clip from “Remyx”
- 010. Listen to beauty tips in French: Whitening your teeth
- 011. Hear French spoken by Québécoise Isabelle Boulay
- 012. Listen to a description of the Nephila spider in French
- 013. Hear Ricardo speak with a Quebec French accent
- 014. Listen to Quebec French spoken by Stage Lacroix
- 015. Une artiste-maquilleuse thanks her fans in French
- 016. Listen to hockey talk in Quebec French: Checking into the boards
- 017. Listen to hockey talk in Quebec French: Maintaining balance
- 018. Sing along in French to “Postérité” by Stage Lacroix
- 019. Listen to hockey talk in Quebec French: Turning your back
- 020. Humour in French with québécois comedian Martin Matte
- 021. Watch a short video in French about a suitcase mix-up
- 022. Watch scenes from “Minuit, le soir” with French subtitles
- 023. Watch a short clip from the TV show “Les Invincibles”
- 024. Québécois singer Vincent Vallières talks about Félix Leclerc
- 025. Listen to a description of the Monarch butterfly in French
- 026. Watch a funny short film in French called “Maudite chanceuse”
- 027. Julie Payette talks in French about her role as an astronaut
- 028. Listen to different kinds of music described in French
- 029. Listen to a clip in French from a science show
- 030. Wash that raw chicken off your hands, Ricardo
- 031. ¡Arrrrriba! Cristián esquive… ¡un taureau!
- 032. Listen to an ad in French for Tim Hortons
- 033. Cynthia applies her strict minimum of make-up
- 034. Watch a short film in Quebec French: Dandurand Cinquième
- 035. A father talks in French about bullying at school
- 036. Listen to a description of a stretching exercise in French 1
- 037. Listen to a description of a stretching exercise in French 2
- 038. Listen to a French trailer for a film called Mesnak
- 039. Listen to stand-up comedy in Quebec French: Mike Ward
- 040. Hear an advertisement in French for Fido
- 041. Watch a scene from a comedy called “Le cœur a ses raisons”
- 042. Listen to an ad in French from a hardware store in Quebec
- 043. Vincent Vallières speaks about the Fête nationale du Québec
- 044. Véhicules électriques : le Québec roule à la puissance verte
- 045. Guy A. Lepage talks during an interview for the Fête nationale 2012
- 046. Le Québec agit pour réduire les impacts des changements climatiques
- 047. Expliquer le tremblement de terre haïtien
- 048. Hear an ad in French from a mobile phone company
- 049. The artist in François sends a romantic email
- 050. A dog gets excited about a contest for a mobile phone company
- 051. Madge the maid gets slapped in a scene from “Le cœur a ses raisons”
- 052. Kitchen vocabulary in French: Ricardo the chef presents his spatula
- 053. Kitchen vocabulary in French: Ricardo the chef presents his can opener
- 054. Québécois comedian Martin Matte reveals his feminine side
- 055. Ricardo the chef shows you how to barbecue fruit
- 056. Ricardo the chef cuts pizza with his pizza scissors
- 057. Accent québécois: Cynthia Dulude goes to France
- 058. Listen to a description of the Mazda3 in French
- 059. Watch a Fido TV ad in French: café automatisé
- 060. Listen to Vélo Québec explain how to adjust your bike helmet
- 061. Ricardo poaches an egg
- 062. Ricardo explains how to eat an artichoke
- 063. Loto-Québec : cent mille dollars par année à vie!
- 064. Listen to Vélo Québec explain how to overtake a cyclist
- 065. Listen to Vélo Québec talk about conflicts at intersections
- 066. Ricardo describes two ways of thickening a sauce
- 067. Hear 2 accents (Québécois + French) in Isabelle Boulay interview
- 068. Vélo Québec on the importance of making your bike visible
- 069. Cynthia Dulude a testé la marque Kiko
- 070. Roxie the anti-nicotine attack dog + JF Mercier
- 071. Vélo Québec reminds cyclists to clear the way for buses
- 072. Beauty tips from Cynthia in French: How to apply eyeliner
- 073. Vélo Québec describes how to teach kids to cycle in the streets
- 074. Ricardo demonstrates different ways of cutting a mango
- 075. Learn in French how to cut a deck of cards with one hand
- 076. Marc Trudel talks in French about his work as a magician
- 077. Ricardo pronounces the québécois dzidzu while melting chocolate
- 078. Learn to swear in perfect Québécois French in 39 seconds flat!
- 079. Martin Matte in car ad: Tasse-toi, grosse vache!
- 080. Martin Matte: C’est parce que j’ai tapé «grosse chatte»
- 081. Hear the informal Québécois verb “pogner” used in a car ad
- 082. Pas l’temps d’niaiser! Winter in Québec
- 083. Tuque, chandail, combine, mitaines, bas! Winter in Québec
- 084. Hear an excellent example of the Québécois tsitsu when this speaker says “attitude”
- 085. Korine Côté extols the virtues of her city in a video using lots of informal Québécois French
- 086. Québec’s SAAQ warns of the dangers of texting behind the wheel
- 087. Faites don’ attention! Look for cyclists before opening your car door
- 088. Pas mal de vélos sur la route… The SAAQ reminds drivers to keep a safe distance
- 089. Barbecue chez nous, ça t’tente? Sharing the road with cyclists
- 090. Korine Côté uses an informal Québécois expression: pogner un virus